Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Welcome!

Over the last few months I have been working on an NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) model of offensive, defensive and total production in order to determine a ranking for FBS schools that relates on field performance to how FBS schools are ranked. I have written about this on my other blog, but I thought that I would create a new blog devoted just to NCAA college football analysis. Thanks to cfbstats.com for posting the NCAA FBS data.

So to get us started, I will link to the other posts from my Hawkonomics blog and give the top 25 as of last week. Later this week, I will be posting about measuring conference strength, and then giving the back story of how I use statistics to rank the teams below.

Top 25 for the first week of the BCS (October 16, 2010).
Top 25 for the second week of the BCS (October 23, 2010).

Here is my ranking (re-posted) through October 30, 2010.

Rank
School
1
Oregon
2
TCU
3
Boise State
4
Ohio State
5
Utah
6
Alabama
7
Iowa
8
Arizona
9
Hawai'i
10
Nebraska
11
Wisconsin
12
Auburn
13
Nevada
14
Oklahoma
15
Stanford
16
UCF
17
Oklahoma State
18
Virginia Tech
19
Miami (Florida)
20
West Virginia
21
Florida State
22
Northern Illinois
23
Michigan State
24
Baylor
25
Missouri

No comments:

Post a Comment